In my previous post I’ve described how we choose IDE and Framework.
Next phase – build project structure. Our project consists from next files and folders:
- Failed_Screenshots – to those folder added screenshots when tests failed
- Features folder – all project files, i will describe with details below
- README.md – small description of the project 🙂
- requirements.txt – required libs for correct running of the project
In root of this folder we’re creating Gherkin Feature files with all described test scenarios.
Our BDD Framework propose to create child folder Features\Steps – Python files with steps. In each step described functions which will be executed during this step
Contain settings.py – this file contains all needed settings for connection to our Application. Into this file should be added all general settings, which should be used in all Test Cases, such as: path to client executable file, connection path to DB, etc…
- TopLevel.py – here we define top level elements, which can be used in different PageObject files, like a general application Frame, and child elements, standard screen messages which appeared in different tests.
- sql.py – here we create functions, which return values from DB, and can be used in more than one Test Case
Folder Features\lib\Pages – in this folder we place separate python file for each module. Each of elements should be described just one time, and just in one file.
Thanks for attention. In next post i will describe libraries which used in our project